Men's designer hats are probably the most fun accessories that a man can try. There is something strong and powerful about a man who wears a hat compared to other accessories. Hats show that you have a unique sense of style because a hat is like a finger print, each one is unique. For men's designer hats, it is important to decide which styles you want to purchase and in which colours. This guide will help you make your decision.
What types of hats are available?
Men's hats are divided into two categories: classic and modern. If you are ready to discover which types of hats are good for you, look at the details below:
- Trilby: These are the quirky modern takes on hats. Celebrities such as Brad Pitt have worn trilbies. When you wear a trilby, wear it with casual clothes such as jeans and t-shirts. Trilbies were first mentioned in a novel by George du Maurier. Since then, the trilby has been a fixture in the millinery industry in the UK. Trilbies are popular with musicians and artists: if you want a hat that looks creative and funky, choose a designer trilby.
- Fedora: This hat which used to be worn by Mafia types such as Al Capone is perfect for people who love that old-fashioned sense of style. Fedoras can be adorned with feathers for a flamboyant look. When you are choosing fedoras, look out for the size of the hat's brim - this is how you can tell the personality of a fedora.
- Cowboy hats: First worn in the Wild Wild West in the US, cowboy hats are famous across the world these days for their laid-back sense of style. Cowboy hats look fantastic in a sandy shade yet they can also look brilliant in black. When you wear cowboy hats, be sure to pair them with a casual flannel shirt and cowboy boots for the complete look.
- Panama hats: These hats were pioneered in Ecuador in the early 20th century. Since then, the popularity of Panama hats has blossomed to touch every corner in the globe. Made from the finest material, Panama hats look great when you wear them with bright colours. Most Panama hats are either white or a cream shade, with a black or cream band around the brim of the hat. Panama hats pop when you wear them with a white suit or a cream suit. This is the way that they come alive because they evoke a South American way of wearing hats. If you want some Latin flavour on your head, all you have to do is pick a designer Panama hat and wear it during the weekends or whenever you have free time. Due to the fact that most Panama hats are straw hats, this means that they allow the skin around your head to breathe. This makes Panama hats ideal for summer holidays or weekend breaks in the UK where the weather is hot and sunny.
- Bowler hats: Probably the most English types of hats are bowler hats. They curve up at certain points which is what makes them stand out against the heaps of designer hats available for people to try out. Charlie Chaplin made bowler hats part of the national psyche. Bowler hats are easy to pull off if you remember one thing: be confident! With bold hats such as bowler hats, it is important to be confident when you wear them. Bowler hats are unique especially in the modern world when we live in. When you wear them, you are showing that you have a unique appreciation for the times past, and yet you have a futuristic outlook by using bowler hats in the 20th century. Look out for bowler hats that come in black and grey for a classic look that does not overpower you.
What colours can your designer hats be?
This is where the fun begins when you are choosing your hats. There are lots of hats that come in a wide range of colours, especially for men. This is why you can choose designer hats depending on what mood you are in. Look at some of the colour options below available for designer hats:
- Black: One of the most popular colours in the world, black hats are the hats of choice for many men because of how sharp men look when they wear black hats. If you are thinking about wearing a black hat, make your outfit look even sharper by pairing a black hat with a black suit. Fedoras, trilbies and cowboy hats look scintillating when they are in black. Black hats can be worn all year round whether you are wearing them in autumn, spring or winter.
- White: White hats are excellent because they actually reflect light off from you, making you stand out when you are walking down the street. The most important thing for you to remember when you are wearing a white hat is to keep it away from dust. Many designers create special dust bags for hats especially when they are in white. Keep your white hat sparkling bright by keeping it in your dust bag and putting it in a plastic cover within the dust bag.
- Red: This is the colour that only the most audacious men should wear. Red hats can look especially tasteful if you pair it with a patterned suit. Perhaps you could wear your red hat so that it clashes with your blue bow tie, or so it matches with your red shoes. Red is a daring colour, and when it is on a hat, it looks strong. Focus on being someone with a unique sense of style by wearing a red hat.
- Blue: This cool colour dazzles against the summer heat. Whether you are wearing a beanie or a bowler hat in blue, you will look relaxed and stylish by wearing a blue hat. Pair your blue hat with neutral clothes such as a grey suit and waistcoat.